Pages

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Missy's Fourth Birthday

Forgive me for not blogging much of late, I've been preoccupied with Missy's fourth birthday.  Insanely we decided that as we'd done a party at home for Buster's fourth birthday that it would be a sinch to do it all over again for Missy forgetting that we're almost a decade older, our house has less room now that we have a fourth member of the family and we have more friends with children than we did back then.

That said she had a brilliant weekend and that more than makes up for the exhaustion, grey hairs and bruises.

I'll try and sum up the highlights as briefly as I can as I know stories involving other people's kids are quite often yawnsome

Missy loves the film The Wizard of Oz so we decided on that as the theme for the party so I made some suitably Oz invitations involving lots of green and red glitter and sent them out.

One of Missy's favourite activities at present is dressing up. She has a cupboard in her bedroom dedicated to this hobby so I thought it only right and proper that she dress as Dorothy Gale for the occasion and during the clothing sale at my local supermarket I snapped up a blue gingham school summer dress for the princely sum of £2.50 and butchered it to make the dress.  I added some blue ric rac braiding to a white t-shirt she already had and a pretty red tutu that she'd kindly inherited from Mrs D's little one (thanks again Mrs D), so I only really had to purchase some ruby slippers which I got super cheap off the t'interweb.
I initially wanted baskets as party bags but this proved problematic as the only baskets I could find were either too small or too big so I settled for some blue gingham print party boxes
which I personalised with a photoshopped image of Missy as Dorothy
I then set about a spot of baking
Making a Wizard of Oz inspired cake for the party



and a traditional princess cake for the family get together we were having the following day
I constructed a few themed props to decorate the house
Ironically our bell is actually out of order
Squashed witch
Melted witch.

I borrowed a load of pretty bunting balls that my sister had bought to decorate the marquee at her wedding, very Munchkin Land-esque
and made a tin man for a game of pin the heart on the tin man, here's Missy all dressed up taking her turn.
Missy had a great time and even received a couple of themed gifts, this scanimation book of the movie from Nanny
and this cute little bag with a ruby slippers print from the lovely Mrs Z
Happy Fourth Birthday Missy! xx

4 comments:

  1. Fab efforts there Christy!! Your Oz cake is fabulous and I love all the other little details throughout the party, she must of had a brilliant day!! 10/10 for you my lass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks amazing! I love this type of kids party, so much more fun than the usual soft play nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just wow!!! You are sooo clever! Happy belated birthday wishes, Missy xxxxx

    Big love to you too C, miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...