Pages

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Preserving and Conserving

It's that time of year again, the days are getting shorter, so what better way to spend the long evenings in than preserving.

I've made my annual Bramble Jelly stockpile from the blackberries that we picked last month and some more Green Tomato Chutney, although I added some chilli for a bit of a kick this year.  I also made some Damson Jelly and some Fig Conserve from the three kilos of figs my mum gave me from her tree!

I love the colour combination of figs
Here they are all ready for boiling up
The finished jars
My sister gave me a big bag of apples from her tree (as well as the munchkins, chard and corn cobs) so I made some apple sauce, pork for dinner this Sunday I reckon, followed by some cheese and chutney

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I reckon you could totally make your own fig rolls.

    I made a whole batch of apple sauce from apples we scrumped - it's lovely in a bowl of porridge.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...