Pages

Monday, 10 June 2013

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

The tat fairy has done her thing again and I'm now the proud owner of more vintage goodies, here are this week's scores from a craft and vintage fair that I attended with the lovely Mrs D

First up this stack of 6 octagonal glass cake plates, the stallholder originally wanted £8 for them but as she was giving up the life of a vintage trader for a stability of a full-time job she wanted shot so I got them for £2
Next this teeny weeny individual glass jelly mould, it's more than I would normally pay for a jelly mould at £7 but I fell in love with it and as the plates were such a bargain it was justified
Lastly this week a glass that wouldn't be out of place in a rat pack cocktail cabinet of the 1950s, it should have been a fiver but I nabbed it for £2, it shows the ratios of ingredients for loads of classic cocktails but I think I'm probably going to use it to house novelty straws and cocktail swizzle sticks


 Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finds - and I'm also coveting the fabrics and furniture they are sitting on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! The plates are on a tea trolley I upcycled with some 1970s wallpaper, the jelly mould is on a Lloyd Loom style chair I rescued from the street and reloved and the polkadots are an oilcloth tablecloth that's currently protecting my dining table from my youngest! x

      Delete
  2. Wow, loving your negotiating skilz missus!

    I have a cocktail measuring glass thingie a bit like that, currently housing our straws in the kitchen! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...