Pages

Monday, 6 May 2013

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

It's a beautiful bank holiday Monday here in the UK and, unusually, the sun is shining so I'm going to make this a quick one as I want to make the most of the wonderful weather with my little family whilst it hangs around.

Car boot season is well and truly underway here and we went to our first of the year yesterday, here's what I came away with

Firstly this ceramic lamb planter, I think it's made by a company called Rubens that made all sorts of kitsch ceramic planters as was the fashion during the 1950s, this was £1 but I've seen them on Etsy and eBay for about a tenner
Next up an old wooden puzzle, I'm going to make fridge magnets out of some of the foody shapes so for 50p it was a bargain
I saw this little beauty lurking under a stall, it's a set of old office index card drawers made by Crusader but I think it would be great for some of my crafty oddments but I think I'm going to have to give it a makeover first as it's been used in a garage or something and is covered in a thick orange varnish.  When the stallholder told me he only wanted £2 for them I couldn't get my money out fast enough 
A lovely double Witney wool blanket with pink stripes next and only 50p, probably one of the worst things you could purchase and have to carry round with you on the hottest day of the year so far but when they're selling for upwards of £30 a bargain's a bargain
And finally three packs of various vintage style fairy stickers 50p per pack

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what wonderful finds. I don't think there is anything there I wouldn't of bought. Love the weather we have been having, a slight shock to the system as I don't remember the last warm bank holiday we had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I know, I think we've forgotten what to do during nice weather. We sat in the garden for a bit in a daze so we had some ice cream to get into the swing of it.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...