Pages

Monday, 15 April 2013

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels - Sunbury Antiques Market Special

During the Easter holidays my sister invited me to accompany her to the Sunbury Antiques Market, she even arranged a babysitter!

Sunbury Antiques Market is held at Kempton Racecourse twice a month and although we attended on a damp and dismal morning there were still loads of stallholders and customers in attendance.

This market is not for the fainthearted as it starts at 6.30am and I would recommend getting there as early as you can to bag the best stuff but on the plus side there's plentiful free parking and unlike other big antiques markets of this kind there's no entry fee!

Most of the stalls are outside but there are a couple of indoor areas so you can shelter from the elements and still buy, buy, buy!

Cue the arty shots...
 There were people (and dogs) from all walks of life
and there truly was something for everyone, no matter how poor your taste
Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

8 comments:

  1. Wowee that looks amazingly fascinating, did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a few bits, some vintage bed linen and a couple of bits of 70s crockery but my sister was after stuff for her kitchen so she was the one doing all the buying, I managed to resist larger items (god knows how as it was all lush) as I really don't have the space.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, love the crates and loads of marbles. Were you tempted to take the C5 for a spin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I was if it hadn't been full of rainwater. Thankfully I didn't take my OH half along as I suspect he would have wanted to make a purchase!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha a framed portrait of Hitler??? WTF??

    Apart from that, I'm having palpitations at those photos...heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know?! It was very difficult to resist buying loads

      Delete
  4. wow that stuff looks amazing..my boys would go mad for the balls & I would have to have a crate or 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did manage to resist the crates as they were £20 each (less if you bought more but I don't have the space)

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...