Pages

Monday, 4 February 2013

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

The Mr and I were child-free on Saturday as we were off to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty ballet in the evening (which was amazing) so beforehand we popped to a local town we'd never been to before to scope out the charity shops as we'd heard good things, sadly the town in question didn't really live up to our expectations but we did bag a few items 

and spotted a tea shop called 'Chris-Tea's'  and a fish and chip shop called 'Oh My Cod!' so it wasn't a complete loss.
First up this time is a little pressed glass cake dome with butterfly motif (£2)
Three vintage pillowcases to add to my collection, I will have enough for a beautiful quilt quite soon as I've purchased some more charm squares from my dear friend Mary to bulk out my collection (50p each)
An old tape measure (for crafty endeavours) and three embroidery hoops (two little wooden ones and a teal plastic one) (£2 the lot)
The inner hoop of the plastic one was cracked but I wasn't bothered as I bought it with the intention of taming my growing collection of washi tape reels
Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

17 comments:

  1. Great finds - love the glass dome!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo fab cake dome! I've seen some lovely Pinterest ideas for the hoops, they are the sort of thing I'd totally forget to look out for though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found these by accident as they were hiding in the cupboard of a welsh dresser with a tiny sticker on the front that said 'crafts' so I took a peek and there were loads of them in there. I already have quite a few large ones so only took the small ones. I too use them for making things I've seen on Pinterest! x

      Delete
  4. What a cool idea for storing washi tape reels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, I love the shop names! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, wishing I'd had some chips from Oh My Cod! right about now! x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have to agree, I love kitsch floral patterns

      Delete
  7. oh my cod? genius.
    Off to see if we are pinterest pals
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I am following you, not sure if you're following me though. Loving your new crocheted items, the jars are beauts. x

      Delete
  8. Oooh you crafty minx!

    I know that tea shop, and thought of you when I first saw it.

    Sorry I'm late visiting, glad you enjoyed the ballet, it was awesome wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ballet was magical, I had a tear in my eye when the screen came down and it said 'And they lived happily ever after'

      That shop by rights should be mine, they should just give it to me.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...