Pages

Thursday, 17 January 2013

Pyjamarama

Remember this brushed cotton candy stripe double sheet I got for a measly £2 in a charity shop a while back?
Well some of it has now become these!  Lovely cosy pyjama bottoms, perfect for the onset of chilly winter evenings and so soft and fluffy too.
I've not made a garment since a hideous turquoise A-line elasticated waist skirt during textiles at school but I did some research and watched a few YouTube videos to get an idea of the general techniques involved and hey presto!

I basically used an old pair of pyjama bottoms as the cutting template and sewed up the long seams of the individual legs.  I used a whizzy technique of placing one finished leg inside the other (right sides facing), then matching up the seams in order to stitch the legs together.  Then I added the elasticated waist (leaving a channel for the ribbon tie).  Finally I even added a pocket to the rear (cocky or what?!).
I picked up another brushed cotton sheet at the charity shop
and have since made a second pair of pjbs, voila

Missy loves them and has asked for a pair herself, not sure how I feel about mother/daughter matching pyjamas but they are really cosy so it would be child cruelty not to, wouldn't it?

10 comments:

  1. Get you lady - superb, but now I'm really jealous because I've been meaning to do this too and haven't, sulking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, high praise indeed from the queen of the sewing machine *blushes*

      I bet you could whizz something like this (only better) up in your sleep! x

      Delete
  2. Blimey....you sew too. You are so my dream date ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, do you always go for wrong uns? :)

      Delete
  3. They look lovely and cosy!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matching pj aren't cruel. Wearing them out to the shops is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but it's so tempting never to take them off ;)

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, why do I never find lush brushed cotton sheets in charity shops?? Jealous!

    I love your PJ bottoms - they looks so cosy you make me want to make some too... if only I had the requisite sheets... humph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brushed cotton ones seem to be the only ones I ever find :(

      I'm sure your share of sheets out there just waiting to be found and when you do you can make some too.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...