Pages

Monday, 28 January 2013

Cakey, Cakey! - Apple Cake?

My Dad turned 60 last week and for as long as I can remember he's been a lover and early adopter of technology.  In 1982 we were the first family on our street to have a computer (a Commodore 64) I remember our collective excitement when he was setting it up at the dining table, commandeering our tiny colour television for the much anticipated unveiling.

He's been retired for a few years now but his career was also in computing, self-taught from those early days with the Commodore 64, initially working on the first computerized tills for various fast food chains, bars and restaurants.  I have many happy memories of my sister and I travelling with him at weekends whilst our Mum stayed at home to catch up on sleep (she was a nurse working nights) hanging around in closed bars making pretend cocktails or in Burger Kings getting free food, whilst Dad fixed a problem or set up a new system.

To this day my Dad still keeps apace with technology and he even tweets!  So what better way of wishing him a happy 60th than with an iPad cake?

Happy 60th Birthday Dad! x

4 comments:

  1. Commodore 64, we had one too! Now that is a blast from the past. What a fun cake to help celebrate his B'day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it make you feel old, I know I do!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous cake! Did you make it? Hope he had a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did make it. I think he had a fab day despite being decrepit ;)

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...