Pages

Monday, 17 December 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Is there anybody still there?  I do hope so.  I've been so busy of late that the blog has taken a bit of a back seat.  I recently had a stall at my first craft fair (more on that another time) so my free time has been somewhat lacking as every spare minute has been spent making stock giving myself RSI.

Anyway, I'm back now and raring to get things back to normal so what better way than with a Junk Shop Jewels post.  Here are some more items that I've plucked from the jaws of hell for your delight and I'm sure my husband's dispair.

First up some more gorgeous wooden cotton reels, I found 18 of them for the princely sum of 10p each!!!!!
Having found the mother load of cotton spools I also had a spot of luck with the lesser-spotted vintage bed linen with a beautiful pink floral double sheet (£2.50) and a candy stripe pillow case (50p)
I met up with Liz (of Magpie Monday fame) for a lovely and very civilised Christmas Crafternoon at her gorgeous gaff and in a wonderful coincidence there happened to be a jumble sale running that afternoon and she took me along to my maiden jumbly.  Shockingly given my thrifty ways I have never been to a proper jumble sale!  Car boot sales and charity shops yes but jumble sales are severely lacking in my neck of the woods so it was great to finally get to rummage through dead people's stuff in a cosy village hall elbow to elbow with other like-minded tramps.

My haul included this dressing up costume for Missy (50p)
An old rug beater (20p)
And this 1960s Quelrayn Zipper (50p)
Love it, now I just need to get myself a captain's hat, a turtle neck and some slacks and I'll fit right in with the marketeer's 1968 vision 
Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. I'm still here! Lovely sheet, I love that print but only ever had a couple of pillowcases in it - well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love it too, can't believe you, the queen of vintage bed sheets, don't have a tonne of it already ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad I was able to lay on a Jumblie for you - it rather made the day I feel.

    Great to have you over, must do it again soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too perfect!

      Had the best time and yes we really need to get our craft on again soon, and a craft sale (now I have bountiful stock!) x

      Delete
  3. Great finds - love the thread spools.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the cotton reels, I only ever find over priced new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I find are usually over priced plastic spools :(

      Delete
  5. Welcome back - I've been MIA too. Bet your craft fair went well - do tell. Brilliant jumble bargains, we don't get them either so I'm jealous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady, glad you're back too!

      The craft fair shall be blogged about (probably after Christmas now) but it was a learning curve to say the least, there are some weirdos out there!

      Delete
  6. Oh I am very jealous of those lovely cotton reels. Hope to see you wearing the jacket and hat next time we meet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant wait to hear about your crafty selling. Hope you've got lots of pics. Lovely colours on the reels. Prices on your finds are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular chazza shop has some great prices although it's next to a greasy spoon so everything smells a bit eau de fry up

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...