Pages

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Cakey, Cakey! - Tangled Birthday Cake

I've been unintentionally neglecting the blog the past few weeks, apologies, I've been a spread a little thinly trying to devote some serious gym time to work on my running plus I've been busy making stock to list on my Etsy shop and family life just generally got in the way with sickness and a birthday, speaking of which (the birthday NOT the sickness!)...

Missy turned three last week and with great age comes great fickleness and we've lurched from princess cakes, to CBeebies cakes via EVERYTHING in between until finally the weekend before the big day we settled on a Tangled birthday cake, not the easiest of subject matters to realise but then a soon to be three year old doesn't give a fig about technicalities.

Anyway after 6 hours hard graft here's what I came up with for her
She, being her discerning self, wasn't too impressed as "you can't see Rapunzel's dress!"  Everyone's a critic, eh?!
For the uninitiated this is what it's based on
She soon overcame her disappointment though when it came time to blow out the candles and thankfully we all lived happily ever after. 

Linking up with Lakota's #TaDahTuesday over at Faith, Hope And Charity Shopping (ps there's a giveaway over there too!)

12 comments:

  1. This is soooooo amazing. Hope she had a great birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she did, despite being ill on the day. x

      Delete
  2. Ooh Happy birthday Missy. Fab-u-lish cake. Looks even better than the pic its based on.
    Clever Mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just amazeballs missus! happy birthday to Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is also amazing! I wish I could ice cakes like that - I'm the buttercream queen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing! Kids eh, can't sell 'em!
    Sorry it took so long for me to visit this post, I had 'puter probs and then forgot!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, computer problems and a dodgy memory, it must be our age dear. Thanks for the cake love. x

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...