Pages

Monday, 1 October 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Mr Right and I enjoyed a child-free weekend.  So following an afternoon at the gym with a swim, sauna and hot tub sesh thrown in for good measure and an evening spent watching Russell Kane at our local theatre we got up early for some rare car boot action.  Here's what I came back with.

First up this beautiful Lloyd Loom style hamper, the trader wanted £20 but I eventually got it for £15.  I was going to give it a makeover akin to the chair and bedside cabinet I've already done but this it quite lovely as it is
 A pair of funky coffee cups 10p each
Cute little plate depicting a Parisian street scene, I'm sure Karen at The White Approach found one of these a while back and I loved it then so I'm super pleased to have one myself now and for the bargain price of 50p
Cake plate and a couple of side plates £2
And finally this, not technically a car boot find but a great item none the less.  It's a dress maker's dummy.  Mr Right's Grandmother wanted shot and offered it to me.  Needless to say it's now freaking me out every time I go into the dining room but I thought it would look great perhaps recovered in linen to display my crocheted scarves, shawls and cowels so I can photograph them for my Etsy shop.
Mr Right didn't get anything, although he did have hysterics over a man who picked up what he thought to be an empty suitcase and actually turned out to be full of crockery, queue the sound of shattering plates (it was like something out of a Greek restaurant) and Mr Right guffawing at the poor unfortunate soul.

Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

16 comments:

  1. Haha your hubby is a cruel man!!

    Love your little French plate - tres chic. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are you to be given a mannequin, I'd be so thrilled. Love your ottaman, I have a couple very similar and I love them. Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really lucky, just the thing I needed for my crochet makes, now I need a head to display my hats and I'll be all set! x

      Delete
  3. I'd quite like a dummy just to display stuff on, although I guess it would take up quite a lot of room merely to display brooches and I would also no doubt get freaked out by it lurking in the shadows at bedtime!

    The French plate is very cute and I'm rather taken with the coffee cups too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, I did briefly consider putting it in our bedroom for jewellery display but it's freaking me out in the dining room, so god knows how it'd be bleary eyed in the middle of the night so up in the loft it's going for when I create my crafty zone :)

      Delete
  4. what a chic looking dummy! great finds each and every one!
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking about me or the mannequin? :D

      Delete
  5. Really good haul. I love the Parisienne plate and the cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blanket box (we just sold all 3 of ours and replaced with 2 other old battered ones) and the Parisian plate. LOL at the crockery suitcase, how embarrassing!
    Aqeela xx

    (i participated in the magpie Monday linky too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolutely no room for this one but I couldn't leave it in that field with sellers that really didn't appreciate its worth. x

      Delete
  7. Love your ottoman! Know just what you mean about the mannequin freaking you out every time you go in the room! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the loft at the moment but I know I'm going to forget and pop my head up there for something in the darkness and it will give me a heart attack! :D

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...