Pages

Monday, 24 September 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Hello tat lovers, more crap for your delectation.

First up some gorgeous vintage bed linen, double sheet of lush brushed cotton in the candy stripe print, lurking underneath was another in bog standard cotton £4 the pair! 
Another one of these pesky Woolworths trifle bowls, I have soooooo many of them now I'm going to have to stop but I can't help myself £1
Pretty floral napkin 40p
 More lovely wooden cotton reels 80p
The Water Babies book 25p
It has some beautiful illustrations that I might be tempted to liberate from the book and frame but I'm not sure if I can be that destructive as there's nothing wrong with the book, decisions, decisions.

Linking up with Liz's #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

10 comments:

  1. Those illustrations are beautiful, it's a difficult decision to make whether to remove them or not!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, don't want to feel like a Nazi book burner!

      Delete
  2. Oh that bedlinen takes me back! I had the same dilemma with some Victorian books, the plates in them were lovely but I just couldn't bring myself to cut them up even though the books were pretty knackered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it once before with an ancient Disney Alice in Wonderland book but it was falling apart anyway and I made some lovely framed pics for my daughter's bedroom, so much nicer than them never being looked at or worse still binned.

      Delete
  3. I still have yet to take any pictures out of a non falling apart book - kind of wish I was more ruthless. Really lovely illustrations in that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be ruthless but I'm still procrastinating on it!

      Delete
  4. No!!! You have to scan those for your crafty ways.

    Well Jel of the cotton reels. I too have a penchant for candy stripe linen, I think it's because my Nana used to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have the candy stripe when we were little and the cotton reels were a great find although went to Barton car boot a couple of weeks back and some woman wanted £3 for one!!

      Delete
  5. Candy stripe linen and cotton reels - I've been on the lookout for similar near me, but no luck so far.

    Those book illustrations are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll crop up, these things have a funny habit of doing so when you least expect it!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...