Pages

Monday, 17 September 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

I turned 38 (arrrrrggggghhh!!) earlier this month and to celebrate my spiraling descent into old age I treated myself to a 1960s tea trolley from the chazza shop, I intend to give it a bit of a revamp and put it to use when we finally make a craft space for me in the loft.  It was supposed to go straight up there until I had time to give it my full attention 
but Missy took a shine to it and this was how I found it in her bedroom the other day, I finally managed to reclaim it and hid it in my bedroom only to discover that Mr Right had adopted it as an area for his evening TV snacks and drinks.  I think I may have to purchase more of these as they're proving to be very popular, not bad for a fiver!
Jelly mould 25p
Vintage pillowcase 50p
Tea towels 50p each
Spotted these 60s children's clothes hangers at a car boot sale, the seller was using them to display the children's clothes she was hoping to offload so I asked her if she'd be willing to sell the hangers instead, she did, 10p each
Linking up with Liz's #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

16 comments:

  1. I HAD THOSE HANGERS!!! I HAD THOSE HANGERS!!!

    Although I wasn't around in the 60s. Hmmm?

    Maybe my mum bought them from a chazza shop too (it's generic you see).

    Don't worry about being 38, all the best people are :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps they're 70s then but they looked more 60s to me and the woman that was selling them was ancient and said they were her daughter's. x

      Delete
  2. Im a 70's child and I had those hangers too! My Mum was also a keen charity shopper. Brought back memories seeing those, Great finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have those hangers as a kid, perhaps I secretly coveted them and that's why I had to have them?! x

      Delete
  3. actually the best people have the number 4 at the beginning of their number! Now, my pal Jane over at teawaggon tales has done up a couple of those dollies...take a look. They are at the bottom of the right hand sidebar!
    http://teawagontales.blogspot.co.uk/
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, thanks for the heads up re the hostess trolley, will take a looks see for inspiration. x

      Delete
  4. I had those hangers! Well my sisters did and I inherited them :) They're probably still around somewhere...! Love the jelly mould! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone had those hangers except me! x

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love the hangers and the jelly mould is fab! The vintage pillowcases would make great pillowcase dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I keep seeing pillowcase dresses on Pinterest, I may have to have a go at one for my daughter next summer.

      Delete
  6. Both the trolley and the hangers bring back happy childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, the best people are just born in September! Hooray and happy birthday!
    Can't believe you got that jelly mould for 25p! I have never ever seen one to buy let alone for such a lovely bargain x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the best people ARE born in September, hope you had a fabby birthday honey.

      We seem to have an abundance of jelly moulds here, next time I see one I already have I'll snap it up and send it your way. x

      Delete
  8. Love the tea trolly! Hangers just like those have been on my charity shopping wish list for ages! Lucky you.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one hanger like that a year or so ago in a charity shop for 50p, so they are out there waiting to be snapped up, good luck with your quest. :)

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...