Pages

Sunday, 30 September 2012

Pickles and Ice Cream

No, I've not got a bun in the oven and this isn't a post about disgusting pregnancy food cravings.  Just a few of products I've tried of late and wanted to share with you.

First up the pickles.  I love vinegar, particularly Balsamic vinegar, I sometimes have a quick swig direct from the bottle I like it so much (disgusting I know but what can I say I'm an addict) so imagine my joy at the discovery of this in Waitrose.  Pickled onions in Balsamic vinegar, bliss.  Although they are a bit fiery, you have been warned!

Whilst we're on a Balsamic vinegar theme have you tried it on chips?  Divine!


Another pickle, this time from Branston.  We always buy their sandwich pickle (I prefer the small chunk variety) so I was intrigued by their beetroot offering.  I needn't have been worried as it's lush (hence the half empty jar in this shot) although I would appreciate a small chunk version please Branston peeps. 
Now the ice cream.  We never have any room in either of our freezers so I don't as a rule keep huge tubs of ice cream in there.  I was looking for Butterscotch Angel Delight (my fave flavour, I have somehow managed to convince the kids that they don't like it so I get it all to myself) when I happened upon these, they're sachets of powder that you whisk up with milk and place in the freezer for a couple of hours and hey presto you have ice cream where before there was none!  Marvellous, and they do it in Butterscotch, but shhh, don't tell the children.

2 comments:

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...