Pages

Monday, 10 September 2012

Cupcapers: Raspberry And Custard Cupcakes

I haven't blogged about my cake making endeavours in a while.  It's not that I've stopped making them (heaven forbid!) I just haven't had the time to blog the results.

I originally wanted to make some rhubarb and custard cupcakes but I had no rhubarb to hand so I wracked my brains and tried to think of an alternative.  Then I was reminded of the delicious Raspberry and Custard Crowns that you get at the bakers and decided to try and make a cupcake version.

I made a batch of vanilla cupcakes and when they were cooled I cut a crater out of each one and dropped in a dollop of raspberry jam.
   I then made some custard and allowed it to go cold, smeared some atop each cake
and drizzled on some more jam thinned down with a little boiled water
 and hey presto Raspberry and Custard Cupcakes, yum-a-rama!

6 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I think rhubard and custard would be nice in a tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just harvested my first batch of rhubarb from the plant in my garden so perhaps that would be a fitting application...

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...