Pages

Friday, 17 August 2012

Cakey, Cakey! - Doily Cake

Just a speedy post as I've not posted about my cake making for ages and I wanted to share this quick and easy way to make a boring sponge cake look a million dollars.  As well as sticking a doily under the cake, why not stick one on top as a stencil and when you dust over your icing sugar it will leave a beautiful pattern, much more interesting than the usual Victoria Sponge that can sometimes look like the result of an explosion in a crack house.
Obviously I had to try it on a chocolate version too, just for research purposes you understand

4 comments:

  1. Mouth is watering! Can you put a link in to your victoria sponge recipe please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tweeted you the recipe my lovely, it's just a bog standard 1 egg = 2oz of butter, sugar and s/r flour add whatever flavouring your heart desires, in this case vanilla extract and bung in the oven for 20 at 190c and Bob's your uncle.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Simple but looks great.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...