Pages

Thursday, 19 July 2012

Vintage Sheet Bunting

My extremely talented and very generous friend Mary recently sent me a lovely surprise in the post
It's one of her gorgeous Vintage Sheet Bunting kits and Missy was kind enough to entertain herself yesterday long enough for me to get it made.


It was so easy to do, despite my fear of the sewing machine and having a 2 year old running about the place I managed to get it put together in about an hour and a half.  I think the most challenging part of this project was the ironing (I don't do ironing) and working out the spacing of the pennants.


The fabrics are beautiful and this kit makes a generous 3.5m of bunting (15 pennants) although I must confess that I added two of my own prints into the mix as I was itching to use them having waited so long to find some vintage bed linens myself.


The kit comes ready cut so all you have to do is sew (and iron, but I'm trying to repress that memory so we won't speak of it again).


I've hung the finished article across one wall of my dining room and here it is...






You can purchase a kit from Mary's Etsy shop and whizz one up just in time for the one day of summer we've been promised next week.


This would make an ideal gift for a novice seamstress or a great mother/daughter (or father/son or any other configuration to make me sound more PC than I actually am) project too.


Thanks again to Mary for sending me the kit, I love it. x


Linking up with #HandmadeThursday over at White Lily Green


Inspire Me Beautiful

8 comments:

  1. Oooo very lovely - well done, it looks gorgeous. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the complement (which is huge given that you are the queen of sewing) and thanks for supplying the raw materials for the finished item, you're too kind! x

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a kit, bet they sell like hot, err, bunting. I like the patterns a lot, funky rather than twee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will, Mary is a magnet for beautiful vintage sheets at knock down prices and a whizz on the sewing machine.

      Delete
  3. nice work on your blog spot :)
    i like every thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I do love bunting!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...