Pages

Monday, 30 July 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

School hols are upon us so there won't be much Junk Shop Jewel action for the duration as my kids just aren't that into schlepping round charity shops when they could be slobbing about in the jimjams or playing in the garden and, quite frankly, who can blame them?


I've managed to squeeze out a post this week so here goes, first up this lacy cafe curtain that was the perfect size for my kitchen window, I was going to crochet something myself for this window to replace the grotty blind but I spotted this for £1.95 and decided to save myself the job
Mrs B and I attended the smallest table top sale in the world (there were 3 tables) but we still managed to find a bargain or two, I got this pretty cake knife for 50p
and this vintage pinny for 20p
I also managed to get this groovy single duvet cover for £2, I dunno, you wait for ages for vintage bed linen then it seems to be everywhere (I'm not complaining mind) 
Linking up with Liz and #MagpieMonday over on Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

11 comments:

  1. Vintage sheets are everywhere! OK maybe just a huge pile local to me, so when you see something you have to grab it, even when it's brown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it because it is brown Mary, I've used some of it in my lounge which is many shades of brown. I don't know what the previous owner washed it in but it smells amazing, even after a wash!!

      Delete
    2. I love everything vintage but my partner will simply not allow vintage bedding of any kind into the house even if it is for re-purposing. Does anyone else have this problem?

      Delete
  2. I'd like to know what you are feeding that Stargazer lily outside your kitchen window??!! ;0)

    3 tables at a table top sale is pretty piss poor huh? Hope they didn't charge you an entrance fee!

    Still, you got some lovely bits. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I usually kill plants so I'm amazed that that particular one's done so well!

      Thankfully there was no entrance fee and it was outside on some allotments, although Mrs B was chatted up by some old codger rambling on about 50 Shades Of Grey. In his old age he'd misheard her talking about a tea tray they had and thought his luck was in!xx

      Delete
  3. Bargain came knife! Love the pinny as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, think small table top sales are the future

      Delete
  4. I struggle to resist vintage bedding. Love your finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely find any, if it was in abundance then I'd struggle too.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...