Pages

Monday, 2 July 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Whilst doing a spot of investigative journalism for my chazza shop blog hop post a couple of weeks back it would have been rude not to have made a few purchases (any excuse) so here's my haul


A lovely Ladybird Picture Dictionary 10p
This massive oval paper cutter, I'm hoping it will be good for cutting apertures in greetings cards £1.50
This gorgeous oranges and lemons decorated glass juice jug £1.50
Not sure if this was a butter dish or mini casserole minus its lid but for 75p I'm going to use it as a planter for the only house plant I own, a Christmas Cactus gifted to me by Mrs B (I haven't killed it yet Mrs B!!!!)
More wool for the old stash £3.70 (again currently being used on 'the project')
And yes, yet more Lexicon cards, ripe for more craft shenanigans 50p
Linking up with Liz's #MagpieMonday over on Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

19 comments:

  1. great finds!! I LOVE those cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Lexicon set! You've made me think about using it for letter-based craft now. And that jug? WANT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh the Lexicons have a plethora of possibilities in a crafty capacity, I look forward to your results! x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh good stash!

    LOL at the plantpot - I too am a housepland murderess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to consider dish for planter. I would have missed that. Jug and cards are my favs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture dictionary and the cards would be awesome to use in crafts. The white pot looks like a planter to me so glad you will use it that way. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50p for Lexicons- WOOHHOO!
    Imagine a huge jugs that jug filled with Mojito- packed with colourful mint and watermelon too. DREAMY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jug, THAT JUG, not HUGE JUGS hahahahahahahahahahahaharr
    #freudianslip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Am actually lol-ing at this :DDDDDDD

      Delete
  8. Love your finds. Am always on the lookout for Lexicon cards but never find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited ages for my first set too, I'm sure some will crop up soon, rummage in the kids toy boxes in charity shops, they sometimes end up there by mistake!

      Delete
  9. Love the lexicon cards! Fab. So good for craft, I can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ideal for lots of thing, greetings cards, banners, framed...

      Delete
  10. I've seen those cards used on art projects but didn't know what they were called. I picked up some Ladybird books this week too - 10p is a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also look out for Kan-U-Go cards, they're smaller but just as lovely. x

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...