Pages

Monday, 25 June 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Hello!  Apologies I've been away from the blog for a couple of weeks but I'm currently spending every spare minute working on a huge crochet project that I've been mulling over for ages.  I finally decided to stop procrastinating and get the hecky peck on with it.  I will try and be a bit more organised and post some odds and sods here but as I'm not really making much else at the moment it will probably be slim pickings for a while!


Anyway, on a bit of haberdashery tip this week here are my Junk Shop Jewels.  First up some pretty buttons for 10p each 
A rather purple themed wool bundle for £2 (I'm currently using most of these in the huge project I mentioned earlier)
FINALLY I've chanced upon some vintage bed linen, my thrifty friends seem to find this kind of thing all the time but I never do, there's always something that you're after that's elusive and in my case it's jazzy old 60s and 70's bed linen.  Sadly I only managed to get a pillow case for 50p but it's a start!
Finally this week some more pretty knitting needles to add to my growing collection, I promise that once I've finished my time consuming project I'll actually do something with them all but for now they're sitting in a pot on my desk taunting me (50p/pair)
Linking up with Liz and her #MagpieMonday over at Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

18 comments:

  1. Mmm nice pillowcase - don't think I've seen that print before and I've seen a lot! I had a great haul yesterday at the car boot including new prints -hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one re your great haul. I just know I'll find a great haul myself one day, I'm just biding my time. When I post what I did with my pillowcase I'll mention your Etsy shop, will let you know when. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous buttons!

    You are such a tease though - what 'cha making??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Not making anything exciting, just mammoth, all will be revealed in due course, if it works, if it doesn't then I shall never speak of it again and I shall give up crochet forever! ;)

      Delete
  3. Came over via Me and My Shadow and now I am a follower. Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, lovely to have new readers/followers. Hope you enjoy my posts! :D

      Delete
  4. There's a lovely purpley theme to your finds! I adore those buttons and I'm with you on the retro bedlinen. I recently found a nice double bed sized duvet colour in brown and white that I think the mister will allow cos I persuaded him it was quite Orla Kiehly-esque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there is isn't there and nice work re the O K selling point.

      Delete
  5. pretty buttons !!!

    Will look out for those retro pieces of material for you (usually look out for that there Mary woman) but she is pretty good at bagging stuff for herself xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless you Karen, that Mary woman has far too much luck in the vintage bed linen dept. x

      Delete
  6. Id have bought the pillow case home too!


    Aqeela xx

    (Ive just written my magpie mondays post too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not alone with my love of groovy bed linen

      Delete
  7. I can't resist a bundle of wool in a charity shop - look forward to seeing what you do with it - your crochet project sounds intriguing...
    Love the colours/pattern on the vintage pillowcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much wool from chazza shops that this massive project really had to happen or we were likely to be buried under an avalanche of thrifted yarn!

      Delete
  8. I love that style of buttons, gorgeous. Hurry up and finish this project...I'm desperate to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and be both my lovely but it's a bit of a laborious one I'm afraid so might take a month or more to complete as I'm rationing myself on it or I'll go insane and get RSI

      Delete
  9. Top notch buttons! Love the yarn colours and the pillowcase too.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...