Pages

Thursday, 31 May 2012

The Thread Hand Gang

Every time I see a lonely old embroidery hoop in a charity shop I have to bring it home with me, as a result I've been amassing quite a collection.  Pinterest always has some great inspirational ideas of crafty things to do with them and I have a few on my to do list.  At the top was this little keepsake make and it was really quick and simple to do
Draw an outline of each member of your family's hand on some tracing paper
Transpose each hand print (I did each had individually to get the layout right and so's not to confuse myself whilst stitching) onto some fabric (I used a white cotton cot sheets used by both my children for added keepsakeability)
Embroider (I used back stitch) around each hand print in a different colour 
I used dark blue for Mr Right, dark pink for me, light blue for Buster and light pink for Missy 
I also embroidered the year as a finishing touch and here we are The Thread Hand Gang!
Linking up with #HandmadeThursday over on White Lily Green and Molly & The Princess
Inspire Me Beautiful

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I thought as I was scrolling down that you were going to embroider and frame each one on an individual hoop, but it looks absolutely wonderful all on top of each other. Fab! and thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly and well done for guest hosting. Love the Handmade Thursday linky. x

      Delete
  2. What a fab idea and a nice twist on the family hand picture. I keep meaning to do something with some embroidery hoops. Didn't think of looking in charity shops. I will be keeping an eye out from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you simply must liberate them from their sad existence in charity shops. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete
  3. Oh that's such a good idea...I have never seen hoops in charity shops, I always end up buying them new. Love the idea of over lapping them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanada, I think all the hoops must end up in the chazza shops I frequent as I quite often see them.

      Delete
  4. Great idea, i never seem to find embroidery hoops either, lonely or otherwise :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure there are some out there just waiting for you.

      Delete
  5. Oh this is such an adorable idea - I love it :0)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...