Pages

Thursday, 3 May 2012

May The Fourth Be With You

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was four years old and in love with all things Star Wars.   I think it was the first film I ever saw at the cinema and I also remember having a poster on my bedroom wall at the time featuring Chewbacca and giving him a kiss goodnight.


My obsession obviously didn't wane as at the age of nine I went to a fancy dress party as Princess Leia, wearing one of my Mum's white jumpers belted with a bit of dressing gown chord and (as my own hair was of the elfin cut variety at the time) my Mum fashioned me an ingenious trademark Leia hairpiece from a stretchy Alice band and a couple of pairs of tights stitched to either side.


Anyway, fast forward almost 30 years and I still love a bit of Star Wars and it's something I've obviously passed on to Buster (with Mr Right's help) as he discovered the movies a few years back buying into the franchise with a love of the Clone Wars (CGI stories based on the characters aimed at kids, I'm a purist and won't even watch the remastered versions of the originals or the three prequels) and the various Lego incarnations of the genre.


I was doing my usual trawl through the crochet pages of Etsy trying to get some inspiration for my next project when I discovered a whole raft of Star Wars items created in wool  including, to my amazement and delight, hats in the form of Princess Leia hair!!!  I researched further on Google Images and came up with some right corkers (there's a LOT of bad crochet out there) although no pattern that I liked was forthcoming so I decided to have a bash at making my own.  This was a bit of a watershed moment for me as far as crochet goes as I've never made up my own pattern before and thankfully I came up with something I was quite pleased with first time round how apt that tomorrow is May the fourth!!!


Now I can finally pass the Star Wars baton on to Missy too...


"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"


Cinnamon Whirl anyone?
Linking up with #HandmadeThursday over on White Lily Green


Inspire Me Beautiful

23 comments:

  1. That is freaking genius! You must make one for yourself too. Or maybe those aliens which have the tentacley things sort of draped around their shoulders? My boys are into Star Wars - we have some excellent light sabres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, Can't imagine how heavy one of those tentacle things made of wool would be! Love those Princess Leia cupcakes you pinned on Pinteres, will defo be giving those babies a go! x

      Delete
  2. i LOVE THIS!! I want one for myself :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, perhaps I should start selling them! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, not as awesome as that pic of Liz and Marge you tweeted me, may the force be with one. x

      Delete
  4. Hysterical. Love it! You are clever lay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have linked to you on my FB page.
    http://www.facebook.com/FHCShopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! My youngest girl Is obsessed with Star Wars, she'd love this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. E just looked at the pictures and said "what has missy's mummy done to her" PMSL! you can have words with her Sat! I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL bless her, she only started chatting to me towards the end of the day on Saturday, now I know why! x

      Delete
  8. Oh bejesus that is all kinds of amazing! Is this what you were chucklng about whilst you were crocheting the other day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was! :D It was making me feel all kinds of wonderful. xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my God! This is AMAZING!!!!! How cool!!! Thanks so much for linking up - SO MUCH AWESOME HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Cheers lady, love the linky so much. x

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness how cute is that. I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stumbled across your blog today and I had to tell you, I LOVE the Leia hat. Yours is by far the cutest one I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, always lovely to hear comments from new readers. :D

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...