Pages

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Garden Forks And Spoons

For those of you who regularly read my Junk Shop Jewels posts you might have noticed that I've been buying rather a lot of old spoons of late, well this is why


I've been making some plant markers out of them.  If you want to do the same here's what you have to do.
Take your spoon and hammer it flat using a rubber mallet
Then, using some metal letter punches, bash your desired word out onto the now flattened spoon
Scribble all over your punched word like a mental patient during an art therapy session with a wax crayon to bring out the detail
Buff off the excess and Percy Thrower's your uncle
Although with my gardening prowess I might have to make a load that bear the legend 'weeds'


Linking up with Lakota's Ta-Dah! Tuesday over at Faith, Hope And Charity Shopping

13 comments:

  1. My colouring in DOES look like that!

    Can I borrow your letter punches. Purleeeeaaassse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a 'kill 2 birds with one stone' project. Release anger and tension, and create something very impressive. I'd love to have a letter punch - where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab - I need some that say 'Here be Snails!'. Yes, where did you get your letter punch thingy?

    Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came over for a look after you commented on ThriftBee. You have a new follower! I love the plant label spoons, I also love the rude crochet doilies from an earlier post. Class.
    Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, glad you like and thanks for the follow! :D

      Delete
  5. genius, clever clogs. I don't have these metal letters you speak of....they are now on my list of wants!
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! If you get your crafty mits on a set of letter punches this shit will get serious! x

      Delete
  6. Right peeps, here's where I got the metal letter punches but I don't think they have any listed at present http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0039UIGXQ

    This looks like a similar set and have the benefit of being sorted for ease of letter selection
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alphanumeric-punch-letters-numbers-symbols/dp/B002Q01S2G/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_2

    Hope this helps! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...