Pages

Monday, 23 April 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Holy other people's crap Batman, it's Monday again, which means it must be time to trawl through my latest junk shop jewels.


Firstly this bunch of pretty pastel vintage knitting needles (50p per pair).  I don't knit but I have plans afoot for these little babies in another crafty capacity, will keep you posted.
This LARGE black leather belt (£1), I'm going to butcher it and use it for the handles of a bag that I'm making
A brand new roll of wood effect Fablon for card making purposes (99p)
An old cross stitch pattern book, I love a bit of cross stitch but I didn't purchase it for that, I thought that some of the motifs would be nice on greetings cards
More old spoons for plant markers (I will get round to posting about this at some point) (10p each)
Two cute little triangular Pyrex casserole dishes, I thought they were really unusual so they had to come home with me (£1 each)
I loved Meg and Mog books as a kid and spotted these for Missy (50p each)
Linking up with Liz's #MagpieMonday over on Me And My Shadow
Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. You got a lot this week! I'm intrigued about your spoon plant markers. Please do show and tell.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued too! Need a sunny day to get out into the garden and actually make them, damn rain! x

      Delete
  2. As I've said before I want to come shopping with you our charity shops are dire! Also I have boxes of remnants spare but no way of getting em to you. Do you have any ideas - north Yorkshire not exactly local is it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless, come for a chazza shopping weekend and bring the remnants with you? North Yorkshire sounds blissful, Mr Right and I have aspirations of retiring to a picturesque village in the Yorkshire dales. x

      Delete
  3. Ahh Meg & Mog - I've never seen them in chazza shops, such memories.

    Very curious about the knitting needles - I have a thing for old wooden ones and although I don't knit, I've accumulated lots. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do have a thing for knitting needles if you have them but don't knit, might I suggest learning to knit? I only suggest it because you can teach me then! x

      Delete
  4. Scrolling down, I thought:
    ooh fablon!
    ooh cross stitch book!
    wow triangular Pyrex! I've never seen that before!!
    and the Meg & Mog books are lovely too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your crafting up of the knitting needles- totally intrigued.
    And LOVE the cross stitch book- I'd be cutting that puppy up too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone in my pillaging of books, it's quite tattered and not literature so I'm not going to feel bad. x

      Delete
  6. Looooove the pyrex! I keep watching one on eBay, it doesn't sell, but they won't lower the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Fools, can you get in contact with them and make them an offer? x

      Delete
  7. Triangular Pyrex? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...