Pages

Monday, 9 April 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

I've been rummaging through the detritus to bring you more gems from planet Chazza


First up this box of old wooden 'educational blocks', they are for educational purposes only, NO FUN ALLOWED!  Bought these for Missy and she loves them (£2)
Six old spoons, I want to make them into plant markers for our vegetable bed, I'm sure there'll be a post about it at some point (£1.10)
Four vintage buttons to add to my stash (20p)
This massive marble slab, great for rolling out icing or pastry as stays cool (£5)
And finally two more of those Mary Quant style flower bowls, vintage Woolies.  I now have quite a collection from this set, three trifle size bowls and eight of these little ones (40p the pair)
Linking up with #MagpieMonday over on Me And My Shadow



Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. Very lovely buttons - I never have the patience to rummage through the button box, really should. I remember those educational blocks - endless hours of fun - o0ps, I meant education. All great finds x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly, I was losing the will to live rummaging through the massive tin of buttons but I wanted to show willing as it's the only charity shop in my area that bothers to put haberdashery stuff out and my diligence was rewarded :D

      Delete
  2. Wow those buttons are gorgeous! And the bowls look pretty too. A lovely haul all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might just have to mug you for those buttons. I'm in love!

    Laughing lots at your first picture! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have lots of lovely buttons of your own Liz! x

      Delete
  4. I added my post to Magpie Mondays too - I love the alphabet blocks, would love to find some for my little D. One day hopefully!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things that you want seem to have a funny habit of popping up so you never know! x

      Delete
  5. Well.. I was looking forward to your finds after you tweeted about some good charity shops finds last week.. and I am not disappointed! Love the "no fun" blocks and the buttons. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm from Planet Chazza!
    Fab finds although I am especially in ove with that green button.
    #thingsineverthoughtidtype

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very envious of your marble slab.I'm a foodie and would love to get my hands on a slab for making fondant.Fab find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw it lurking under a shelf, I could hardly lift it but for a fiver I made damn sure I did!

      Hopefully you'll get lucky on the slab front one day as they are ace for keeping things cool whilst they're being worked. I had a little marble slab I was using but it was far too small, this one's a much better size. x

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...