Pages

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Hair's One I Made Earlier

Missy is growing her fringe out, which is taking forever and as a consequence we are drowning in a sea of hair clips.  I keep the plain ones in a little box but the nicer ones I wanted to hand so they'd actually get worn once in a while so I used some of the vintage Strawberry Shortcake fabric I won on an eBay auction last year 
and these iron on Strawberry Shortcake patches from H and M that I put in Missy's Christmas stocking last year
and with an off-cut of ribbon and some iron on interfacing I bashed this out on my sewing machine
Now all the fancy Nancy clips we have are at my fingertips, which is super helpful when you're wrestling with a struggling 2 year old sporting hair that's like a bird's nest, plus it can be hung up away from prying little fingers
Linking up with #HandmadeThursday over on White Lily Green 
Inspire Me Beautiful

10 comments:

  1. That is a genius idea and so simple too. My daughter's hairclips end up all over the goddamn house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have hair clips all over the house as Missy tends to remove them and leave them wherever she is but it's an attempt at some kind of organisation!

      Delete
  2. OOOh very clever! I've started making a hair clip tidy using a message board, but this looks so cute! My Daughters are forever losing hair clips!

    Thanks for linking up as always my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets, I look forward to seeing your variation on a theme. x

      Delete
  3. Great idea! Ain't you clever?!

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab idea might have to make one sometime we've got hairgrips in drawers etc all over the house lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many hair clips! Who knew having a girl was this complicated?! x

      Delete
  5. Brilliant idea. My little one is only 11 months but she has plenty of hair so we're already building up quite a collection. At the moment they are all stuck in a pot in the wardrobe but I love the idea of keeping them out on display, and making sure that they all get worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Amazing how quickly little girl's hair grows!!!!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...