Pages

Monday, 5 March 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Bit of a different one this week as these items aren't strictly from charity shops.  The delectable Mrs D and I had made a date to visit a local craft and vintage fair on Sunday and we had a mooch round the many stalls, mainly as a reccy for me as I'm kicking around the idea of having a stall at one in the future with the lovely Liz from Me And My Shadow.


Anyway, I was so busy making notes that I almost forgot to buy some stuff, but you can't keep a tat addict down and I did managed to make a couple of purchases.


Firstly this children's snot rag, I seem to remember having a set of something similar as a child and the stallholder had lots but at £2 a pop I just opted to buy the one for the sake of nose-talgia (sorry!) 
Over the weekend I'd been having a chat with Amanda from The Ana Mum Diary on Twitter about a typewriter she'd seen and was tempted to buy but the price was a little inflated, as you might recall I have a couple of them for crafty purposes and paid under £15 for the pair, Amanda's shop wanted £20 but it did sound rather nice and I told her that if if was still there the next time she passed then it was meant to be and she should get it, it's funny how things that you chat about seem to crop up isn't it?  


Well Mrs D knows I love a typewriter and spotted one on a stall and at £9 I couldn't resist (sorry Amanda!).  It's aptly named the Lilliput and assume it's a child's typewriter given it's weeny nature.  It came with a ribbon and in its own case and has the most wonderful bell when you get to the end of the carriage
I must also take this opportunity to thank Mr Right for his patience as I'm slowly turning our bedroom into a typing pool!


Right, that's it for this week, I'm sure normal service will be resumed next time.


Linking up with Magpie Monday...
Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. Snot rag! LOL! Lovely typewriter. I hope you do take a stall at the fair. Would love to see what your stall would look like.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure once Liz and I have had a meeting of minds we'll hatch a plan and there'll be a blog post about it when it eventually does happen. x

      Delete
  2. Looovely hanky! Hankies are such a GREAT idea I might try and get involved with them again.
    Gorgeous typewriter. We snapped up an old one for 50p at a carboot last year but the kids that come over love typing on it so much that it has been totally trashed, am stoked I didn't pay out more. Next time I'll display up high away from rapscallion hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't hear the word rapscallion nearly enough! Nice find for 50p, wish the prices were that low all over then perhaps Amanda could get hold of one.

      Delete
  3. Well if ever my husband grumbles about my one typewriter, I'll let him know that it could be worse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. Thanks for the mention!
    Well it's not mine just yet...but I shall be in town in a couple of days.
    Great news about doing a stall, can't wait to see what you fill it with. Apart from Liz's pomander mountain ;) lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jesus! I had forgotten about the pomanders! ;D

      Delete
  5. I had those nursery rhyme hankies too!!! I swear, you and me are separated at birth!

    Oh, and yes Amanda, I *may* have a few pomanders left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are defo sisters when it comes to most things, except perhaps when it comes to pomanders ;)

      Delete
  6. I had some snot rags like that!! Cool find..

    ReplyDelete
  7. And me - I had the hankies too! That's a fab typewriter you got too, love the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of us had the same thing, mind you there wasn't as much choice back then was there?

      I bet kids these days don't even have hankies, they are quite a manky item to own especially as kids produce so much snot! x

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...