Pages

Friday, 30 March 2012

I Felt All Fuzzy

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away my lovely sister gifted me everything required for a spot of needle felting and I'm ashamed to say I hadn't got round to trying it out.  Don't ask me why, you know me I love a bit of craft and if it's something I've never tried before then so much the better but I had a bit of a mental block when it came to this despite Kirstie Allsopp describing it as the crack cocaine of the craft world.
Anyway, I was having a bit of a crafty reorg when I rediscovered my gift and by way of a distraction from the job at hand I decided to have a bash at a rose there and then with rather pleasing results.  I was a little unsure that it should look quite as fluffy as it does but with a little reassurance from my Twitter followers I'm actually quite pleased with it now and have since turned it into a brooch.
I think Kirstie might be onto something after all it's the only form of needle-based drug I'll be partaking in!


Linking up with #HandmadeThursday over on White Lily Green


Inspire Me Beautiful

8 comments:

  1. That is lovely! Another craft that I would love to find the time to fit in one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should defo put it on your crafty to do list

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lakota, it's easier than I thought it was going to be! x

      Delete
  3. Mmmm i am intrigued, anything kirsty says must be true and u have whipped up something very sweet there. What a lovely gift x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! That is so pretty!! Is there anything you 'can't' do?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for saying so, there's LOTS I can't do honey :(

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...