Pages

Monday, 19 March 2012

Cupcapers - Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes

For one of my usual Friday afternoon teas with Mrs B I decided to make some cupcakes, now I know for a fact that Mrs B is a little odd in that she almost prefers lemon flavoured cakes to chocolate, I know, madness, but I went with it and made a batch of the lemoniest cakes I could muster specially for her.


I made a lemony sponge with the addition of lemon juice and zest and whilst the cupcakes were still warm I drizzled them in a lemon syrup made with yet more juice and zest and as a last ditched attempt to get even more lemon into the little bastards I pulled out the big guns...well, the large syringe
I thinned some lemon curd with a little boiled water, filled my syringe with a good sized dose and plunged the needle right into the heart of each cupcake and gave them a shot of lemony goodness
Sunshine in cupcake form, lovely! 

7 comments:

  1. Lushness!!!!!! Mrs B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That syringe looks lethal!

    Cupcakes look yummy. She's a lucky lady that Mrs. B! I too prefer lemon cake to chocolate. I find chocolate too "claggy" (is that a Scottish term, do English folk understand?)

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That syringe IS lethal!

      I think lemon cake's ok but better than chocolate, nah!

      Claggy, as in thick mud? :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Think of all the wonderful surprise centres that can be injected into anything!!!!! x

      Delete
  4. Yumm, love lemon in cakes, and I love cakes!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...