Pages

Monday, 27 February 2012

This Week's Junk Shop Jewels

Mr Right and I went on a child-free tat rummage as he has decided he'd quite like to read the BBC's top 100 reads and thought he might be able to procure some of them at knock down prices from the chazza shop (this thriftiness is catching), anyway whilst he was hanging around with all the nerdy types browsing the bookshelves I was able to grab some bargains of my own.


First up some haberdashery, a couple of meters of ribbon, lace and some vintage buttons for £1.10 all in
I spotted this little beauty in the window of one of the shops and knew it had to be mine, I purchased for the fab price of £4.95 and it still works.  I came in the original box with a cover and ribbon too!  
I coveted the Petite 990 as a child as I loved the commercial with the little girl working away on it accompanied by 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton, sadly I couldn't find that clip on YouTube but here's the next best thing
 
With Easter on the horizon I saw this and thought it might be good for some inspiration, it was 50p but Mr Right bought it for me as he was purchasing some books at the time so technically it was free!
This Pyrex style dish was £1.50
and this jelly mould to add to my collection was £1
Finally this beautiful bonbon jar, yes another one! £2
Linking up with Liz's Magpie Monday over on Me And My Shadow



Me and My Shadow

24 comments:

  1. I had that typewriter! What a fab find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have impeccable taste in that case Sandy! x

      Delete
  2. Great jelly-mould and bonbon jar. I think I may have had that typewriter!

    ***Faith Hope and Charity Shopping first blogiversary giveaway open now***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did EVERYONE have that typewriter except moi? x

      Delete
  3. I didn't have the Petite typewriter! But like you, I coveted it.

    I like your divided pyrex-style dish too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have that typewriter. When I was little I always wanted a post office set so I could stamp things!

    It will be most useful for your craftiness.

    Looking forward to seeing lots of decorated eggs :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes, I liked stamping things when I was a kid, Post Office sets are the dogs.

      The typewriter is a much different font to the one I already own so yes, will be good for muchos craftiness.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous finds. I so love the typewriter...what a fab find! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO! Lovely finds. I remember the typewriter ad. and begging my mum to get me one. I never got one, so maybe I should start begging my hubs to get me one ;0)

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh love the jelly mould and the bon bon jar !
    My hubby is one of those sad types that hangs around in our local book section in the charity shop. He finds some great books though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady. My Mr found a few gems this week but he has a fair few on his list still to get, oh well, more tat hunting for me! :)

      Delete
  8. I like the jelly mould too. I agree with Karen Jones above and get all my books from charity shops and donate them back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea re the donating them back, my OH was asking how we were going to accommodate his expanding book collection, I think some of mine may have to go as I never have time to read these days anyway!

      Delete
  9. Why can I never find a typewriter!!!??? Must try harder. A very impressive haul - good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have two now, sorry! Fingers crossed one will turn up for you, charity shopping is funny like that, you wait ages for something to come along...

      Delete
  10. lovely finds loving the pyrex and bonbon dish so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds - love the bonbon dish. I always wanted an etch-a-sketch, and was excited when I found one at the carboot a couple of weeks ago, but when I took it out of the box it didn't work properly - gutted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo i love your finds. i love junk and vintage shops. that is one of the things i miss most since having kids - browsing junk shops... slowly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes, you never quite get long enough to have a really good rummage with little ones in tow! Love the 'playdohandpoo' alter ego too funny and sadly true! :)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...