Pages

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Sweet Heart

I was putting together the end of term sweet bags for Buster's classmates and I usually try to go with a seasonal theme, with Valentines Day just around the corner I opted for a lurve theme and purchased some Haribo Hearts & Rings and some Love Hearts.  I was about to get started when I had a flash of inspiration and decided instead to have a bit of a craft sesh with the Love Hearts (don't worry I did replace the packets I used so Buster and his friends won't miss out on their sweet treats).


2012 is all about wreaths and garlands for me so I just had to make a Valentines wreath to decorate the house this week (just need some inspiration for an Easter one and a Halloween one before the traditional Christmas one can be dragged out once again) and that's exactly what I did.  


I drew round a heart shaped plate onto some strong card and then hot glue gunned the individual sweets to it in a double layer, added a pretty pink hanging ribbon and Romeo's your uncle.


Linking up with Handmade Thursday over on White Lily Green
Inspire Me Beautiful

9 comments:

  1. Oh my God. I love you! (Have I told you that before?) Funnily enough, hubby brought in a big pack of Love Hearts today. I don't think he'll be happy if I steal them for this though! Haha!

    Such a fab idea! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats such a fab idea it looks fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My absolute favorite sweets!! ...just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute favorite sweets!! ...just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute and so pretty. There must be some kind of edible glue you can get surely, seems such a waste! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. majorly impressed with this!!
    your message made me laugh earlier this week...don't ever grow up though!
    happy weekend
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I ♥ that! But can I suggest using royal icing instead of glue? Cos then you could still eat it afterwards ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab idea! Though I think I would end up licking the wreath every time I walked past it.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the love heart, heart, love (if you know what I mean?!)

    I do actually own some edible glue that I use for cake decorating and thanks Lakota for the royal icing suggestion but I want to try and varnish it so I can keep it for next year and amazingly enough I don't actually like the sweets themselves so I'm not that fussed about eating them - controversial! xxx

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...