Pages

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Cupcapers - Malted Milk Cupcakes

We visited some friends for tea a while back and I wanted to take some cakes round with us.  I was flicking through the recipe books looking for inspiration and several recipes caught my eye in a few different books for Malted Milk Cupcakes but they all called for the addition of malted milk drink powder which I didn't have, so I had a rummage in the larder and came up trumps with a jar of malt extract and a packet of Maltesers so I made up my own recipe.


The recipe was nothing fancy, just a basic chocolate sponge with the addition of a couple of tablespoons of the malt extract with a little more added to the butter cream icing that I piped on top of each cupcake.
I popped a Malteser on the top for decoration and cut some pink drinking straws to scale and hey presto, malted milk cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...