Pages

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Take One Jumper Challenge

The lovely Liz over at Me And My Shadow has lain down the gauntlet and challenged crafty sorts to see what they can make from an old jumper or in my case a few of Missy's old baby cardigans.
I'd already made a hot water bottle cover many moons ago 
and some leg warmers for Missy's first fancy dress costume
so I decided that because I loved to see Missy wearing the cardigans and she was in them so briefly that I wanted to make some keepsake cushions from them.


I'd previously made a cushion from Buster's first football top
so I used the same principle to make some mini cushions for Missy's eventual big girl's day bed which I intend to fill with lots of different handmade cushions and bolsters and here they are.
I also had enough of one of the cardigans to make a pair of lightweight mittens for me, ideal for chilly spring mornings British summertime.
Linking up with Take One Jumper Challenge at Me And My Shadow (take a peek at Liz's makes and the other entrants) and Handmade Thursday over on White Lily Green
Inspire Me Beautiful







13 comments:

  1. Love those cardigans so much! Wish I had thought to keep E's!!!! Gorgeous cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww lovely little cushions. Can't wait to see her big girl bed.
    Really want to take part in the jumper challenge. Maybe when I get ontop of my tax return !!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo clever!!! I do love Liz's challenge. I'm a bit rubbish at that sort of thing though, so I'll have to pop over and have a look at all the other entrants too! Although.... I'm quite intrigued... Might have to have a look in the charity shop and see what I can find!

    Thanks for linking up to Handmade Thursday. It was a well needed break... but it's gooooood to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!

    Those cushions are just the cutest - nearly as cute as Missy herself!

    What a lovely idea. This may mean I go rummaging up in the loft and drag out all DD's baby clothes now!

    Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cushions are so cute! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makes i love the cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, the cardi fabric is just gorgeous. I've tried mittens too. Mine were a disaster though :(
    Really lovely way of keeping them as a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely, the cardi fabric is just gorgeous. I've tried mittens too. Mine were a disaster though :(
    Really lovely way of keeping them as a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever, all these makes are amazing! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the fabulous comments everyone, you're all too kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW those mittens are immense!! What skills!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...