Pages

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Cupcapers - Gingerbread Cupcakes

Now that we've sadly finished the lovely Christmas cake my mother-in-law kindly made for us it was time to do some baking but I still wanted something in-keeping with the season and was browsing the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book for inspiration when, in the Christmas section, Gingerbread Cupcakes jumped out at me, they're a lovely sponge flavoured with ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.  


As usual the recipe would have made far too many, I halved it and still came out with 12 good muffin-sized cupcakes.  Also I opted not to make the cream cheese frosting, way too fatty, fat, fat for me and decided instead to stick on a disc of icing and lay some mini gingerbread men we had left over from Christmas on the top, too cute!


The sponge was gorgeous and I will certainly make these again, although I thought I might try and make a loaf rather than the cupcakes, will keep you posted if I do.


The little gingerbread man army marching their way one by one to their destiny my stomach

4 comments:

  1. they look lovely and a great idea to have gingerbread cakes. i am hungry now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM cake and biscuit all in one! YUMMY x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look delicious! :)
    my son is 9 and loves baking, we tried these (or similar) over christmas and they were gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really were too yummy and I will defo have to make the cake part as a loaf!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...