Pages

Monday, 19 December 2011

Cupcapers - Christmas Cinnamon Cupcakes

I was supposed to be meeting up with some girlfriends and our various little ones on Friday morning in order to exchange gifts and generally catch up before Christmas so I decided to knock up some Christmas Cinnamon Cupcakes to take along, basically a vanilla sponge cake recipe but instead substituting the vanilla for one and a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon.  


The house took on the distinctive aroma of cinnamon that immediately makes me feel festive.  I had used holly leaf muffin cases and decided to continue the theme and made icing holly decorations for the top and added a little sprinkling of edible glitter to give them that magical Christmas sparkle, just like the snowflakes that were now beginning to fall outside.


Alas the snow didn't stop falling and as I'm a complete pussy when it comes to driving in the snow I opted to stay at home and unfortunately we had to eat all the cupcakes ourselves, Christmas may be coming but it won't just be the goose that's getting fat!





No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...