Pages

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Another Good Wreath

I think I've developed a bit of an obsession for wreaths this Christmas, having made this one a couple of weeks ago I went on a bit of a Pinterest search-fest for new and different executions of the same principle when I stumbled upon what could be the ultimate in Christmas wreaths, it's festive and what's more its EDIBLE!


 How cute is that?!  And it's so simple to make, just prepare some gingerbread dough and roll it out to about a 5mm thickness, cut out your gingerbread men and lay them on a baking sheet in a circular shape, dab the hands and feet with water and overlap them so that it all forms one giant gingerbread ring, bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool.  Thread some gingham ribbon through the gaps and Bob's your gingerbread man!


I had some gingerbread dough left over so had a little play, I'd always wanted to make one of those sweet little gingerbread houses so thought I'd have a bash, it wasn't a bad attempt considering I did it all by eye (it would certainly have benefited from a template if I'd had some forethought) and hastily cobbled it together at the last minute with some Christmas cake decorations and icing sugar snow
I also made some quick and dirty gingerbread button biscuits.  I've been wanting to make these for a while and the remaining dough provided me with the opportunity, although my gingerbread seemed to spread and rise a bit too much so some of the detail of the buttons was lost, I will have to retry with a different type of dough but you get the general idea.
Whilst we're on a gingerbread theme look at the divine little gingerbread man decoration that Mrs B made for me!  Thanks lovely lady. x

2 comments:

  1. I pinned that gingerbread wreath too - maybe next year...

    Love a gingerbread house, although the gingerbread crack house on Pinterest did make me laugh.

    Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Lakota, not seen the crack house, shall take a peek. Hope you had a great Christmas and new year.

    The gingerbread needs to be the hard kind that can hold its own weight, mine was obvs a bit too heavy and started to crack after a few days, any excuse to eat more gingerbread but I remade it in principle but this time I used oven-bake clay for a similar result. x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...