Pages

Saturday, 5 November 2011

Sweet Roses

Mrs B came over for one of our Friday afternoon teas and I used it as an excuse to try some sugarcraft roses


I made some mini vanilla cupcakes and piped on some teal coloured icing, I then coloured some ready-to-roll icing in a coral colour and pulled off small pea-sized balls and pressed them flat between two layers of plastic, rolling the first into a spiral shape and layering subsequent  pieces around until the desired size was achieved, 
first some small ones for the tops of the cakes
and finally a large one to decorate the plate.  
I was really pleased with how they came out, especially as I didn't have much time to devote to the project as Missy was napping so they were rather quick and dirty but I'll have another go when I have more than 20 minutes to make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...