Pages

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Doing Up My Crib Part 2

Remember this crib I bought ages ago on one of my charity shop jaunts for £4?  Well I finally got round to making some bed linen for it.
Missy already had a charity shop rescue crib but that has since been relegated to the playhouse in the garden in favour of this one which she calls 'new bed' 
I made a mattress from some thick foam which I covered in some plain pink fabric, 
I also made a duvet and pillow from the Strawberry Shortcake material I got on eBay
All done, I just hope I don't find another, nicer crib on my second hand travels!

4 comments:

  1. That is lovely, looks very pretty. We have a wooden charity shop one to 'do up' for my youngest daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she love it? I had to get ours out of the loft on Friday for the class bear, they'd told me to charity shop it ages ago but I thought I'd better not, good job mummy knows best.
    That is always a worry isn't it finding another nice one and the wrestle with your conscience about how many you need (bit like me and vintage sewing machines!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww this is soooooo cute!! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments peeps, she does love it Mrs E but there won't be any more unless we start stacking them up into bunk bed cribs as we've finally run out of space in her room as I just bought another item of furniture to revamp. x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...