Pages

Saturday, 5 November 2011

Cupcapers - Frosted Cupcakes

I've been on a bit of a frosted cupcake vibe of late and just thought I'd share some of my attempts to practice this skill here.


I made these for a friend who wanted to take 30 cakes in on her last day of work before maternity leave, not bad considering this was the hottest day of the year so far, not a day to be making buttercream icing!
Look what she and her fella got me as a thank you!!!
I wanted to practice three-tone icing or the Aquafresh effect as it's know in the trade
It's achieved by putting the three colours into the piping bag together without mixing them, once you've managed that the rest is easy, I made these for Mr Right and his friends to eat as they were watching the boxing
I made these little ones for the school cake sale
Mrs P approached me after school one day and asked me if I could make a batch of piped cakes for her daughter, she had been saddened that she hadn't been able to buy any of my little school cakes (above) the previous week as they had sold like the proverbial hot cakes and she'd been helping on another stall, so I obliged and made 16 just for her with her initial on the top and a sprinkling of pink edible glitter to make them a little bit more special and here they are

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...