Pages

Monday, 17 October 2011

Cupcapers - The Real Cupcake Company Review

A while back my patisserie radar was alerted to a Twitter request for any bloggers that wanted to trial a cupcake kit from The Real Cupcake Company for free, being addicted to cake (and free stuff) in any form I volunteered.


The Real Cupcake Company provide fresh, dairy-free gourmet cupcake kits using real fruit and no artificial colourings or flavourings.  The kits contain everything you need to make 12 iced cupcakes and come in either Naughty or Nice varieties, I was sent the Orange Cupcake Kit from the Nice range.


It arrived in a pretty little cardboard box with a sticker on the front informing me to keep refrigerated which I duly did until I was ready to make them up.


I was pleased that the parcel fitted through my letter box which meant I didn't have to be in to receive it (or traipse down to my local Royal Mail collection office) and that the ingredients had quite a lengthy shelf life (10 days from its arrival with me!).


All I needed to add were the eggs and I can tell you it was quite liberating not having to weigh everything out as the cake batter is ready-mixed for you.  I was also pleased to see that they had provided muffin size paper cases as that's what I use and can't stand piddly little fairy cake cases.


I mixed up the batter as per the instructions and divided it between the cases, I was a little trepidatious that there wasn't enough to make all twelve but my concerns were unfounded and after the allotted time I had 12 cupcakes cooling, ready to be iced.


The icing came in a piping bag and all I had to do was snip off the end and drop it into the second piping bag with one of the two nozzles provided fitted and away I went.
Then all that remained to do was add the sprinkles and I had a plate yummy cupcakes without having to think too hard about it.
I was pleased to see that they were super generous with both the icing and the sprinkles, I can't be doing with stinginess when it comes to icing and sprinkles and the icing did indeed taste of real oranges.  Although I found the piping nozzles a little small but perhaps that's because I used the icing when it was still rather cold from the fridge.


All in all for someone (unlike myself) that doesn't have much time or inspiration when it comes to baking and wants all-natural ingredients then these would be great and according to their website there's free delivery throughout October.  The £9.99 price tag might sound a bit steep but that works out at about 83p per cupcake and you'd probably spend more than that in a coffee shop and for the sheer lazy factor it's probably worth it if you're not a regular home baker.


Anyway, the fact that these cakes didn't hang around long in a house where the residents are constantly spoiled for homemade cakes speaks volumes for their tastiness. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and the end result looks fabulous! yummy :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this post. really nice but i suggest to use more pastel colors like pink, green and yellow.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...