Pages

Thursday, 4 August 2011

Sweet Hearts For A Sweetheart

Sugar cubes are functional, they look ok in a sugar bowl and it's fun to be able to use sugar tongs but let's face it pretty they aint, so I decided to make my some pretty ones of my own.


I put some caster sugar into a freezer bag, added a few drops of pink food colouring and mixed the two together until I achieved the right shade
I then added a couple of drops of water, mixed again and pressed the glittery rubble into a heart shaped sweet mould
I placed the mould into a warm oven to dry and pressed out the finished heart shapes and here they are
They're a bit on the large side, one for the two lump brigade I feel but I will look out for some smaller moulds perhaps in seasonal shapes, I think it would be nice to have snowflake shaped sugar lumps for Christmas.


Oh and please don't forget to enter my Hummingbird Bakery giveaway, closes Friday 5th August (tomorrow!) at 8pm


Linking up with White Lily Green's Handmade Thursday





Inspire Me Beautiful

7 comments:

  1. As you know I love love love your blog x Year sure flies when you are having fun!!

    For me dark chocolate and beetroot cupcakes with very sweet pink icing ?
    This is from me not tony by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! they look gorgeous, definitely not going to show them to my daughter, that is her favourite colour and she would want some for a tea party...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ChrisTea...these look beautiful as well as sweet. What a wonderful idea - perfect for a Valentine tea party.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? I Luffs you I do.... Can I come and live with you so you can make me cakes a heart shaped sugar lumps please?

    Congrats on your blogaversary!!! *I thought you had been blogging longer then me!!!*

    Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Those are gorgeous. I love making heart shaped icecubes but never thought to do this. How lovely for a tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I will definitely be making some of these - sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the love re the hearts! They're dead easy to make and look so much more interesting than boring old sugar cubes. x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...