Pages

Thursday, 28 July 2011

Eat Me

My current Alice In Wonderland obsession continues apace.  I simply had to attempt something Alice in cake form, after all cakes play a vital role in the story, but how could I incorporate her in patisserie?  


It was something that was troubling me for a couple of days until I was just dozing off the other night when it struck me that it might be possible to draw on rice paper with an edible ink pen, so as soon as I got up the next morning I gave it a go with quite pleasing results, sketching an Alice and a Mad Hatter.
My Alice on the right next to the original on the left


My Mad Hatter on the left next to the original on the right


I made a couple of quick and dirty rectangular sponge cakes and iced them with ready-to-roll icing, cut out the two pictures and placed them on the faces of the cakes.


I then used a little Easter bunny cutter I had to make lots of White Rabbit shapes and framed each cut-out using the bunnies.

pimp myspace


This post links up with Handmade Thursday over on White Lily Green, go take a peek at the other makers.


Inspire Me Beautiful





8 comments:

  1. how impressive! blimey thats fab and tasty too i hope. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really are quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work - you're so clever!
    I'm completely uninspired right now...in summer holiday mode...fee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, as ever, you're all too kind. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooooooo! Amazing! I have to sat I've just discovered edible ink pens myself - I must have a go!!!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...