Pages

Thursday, 7 July 2011

Cupcapers - Creepy Cameo Cupcakes

A while back I was reading the lovely Scarlett Loves Elvis blog and saw her great craft post featuring a funky skull cameo ring that she'd made and I knew I just had to apply this to cupcakes somehow.


Here's my first realisation and homage to Scarlett's initial discovery (thanks Scarlett!) which I made for a girly get together round at the fabulous Mrs B's house
I then decided to have another bash to perfect the art and made some as a thank you gift for Karen (All About The Boys/The White Approach) for giving me the opportunity to attend CyberMummy
I boxed four up and took them along on the day, although sadly they didn't survive the train journey unscathed, here they are before they got battered
 I think they're quite effective and so simple to make I'll certainly be baking these babies again, although in the mean time I couldn't resist making myself a matching brooch, it will last longer than the cakes!
Linking up with Handmade Thursdays over on White Lily Green, go and check out the other crafty so and sos.

Inspire Me Beautiful

9 comments:

  1. Awesome cupboards! The skulls look really cool and the detail is amazing. Lucky friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!!! Such a great idea (one in which i may shamelessly pinch). Thanks for the linky too :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful- and a bit spooky! I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are cool. they would be great for a halloween spooky tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChrisTea, your cupcakes are beautiful...well done! I was thinking the same as 'mum of all trades', that they would be perfect for Halloween.

    Enjoy the day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! How amazing are they?? Gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you make the cameos too ? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the cupcake love everyone, I shall definitely be revisiting these at Halloween! x

    Scarlett - so glad you like them, thanks for giving me the idea in the first place and I look forward to seeing your take on the theme. x

    Jenny - yes I did make the cameos too, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...