Pages

Thursday, 21 July 2011

Alice Through The Picture Frame

Regular Junkshop Jewels/Magpie Monday readers might remember that I purchased this battered copy of Disney's Alice In Wonderland for a few pence a couple of months ago
Well I had been scouring the charity shops for a frame or two in which to display some of the salvageable images but nothing was forthcoming and with Missy moving into a big girl's bed we had a shuffle around of her room and were finally able to hang some pictures plus I was itching to make use of my find so I succumbed and purchased a new frame

Sadly no other baroque style frames have been big enough for the larger images so I bought some plain ones and framed four more images up, Alice and the White Rabbit
Alice and the Cheshire Cat
Alice with Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee
Alice with the playing cards painting the white roses red for the Queen Of Hearts
I really enjoyed doing the last four as I was able to use my new gadget, a bevel edge mount board cutter. 


Incredibly I still have enough salvageable images for four more large frames and a few more mini ones too, I just don't have enough wall space!


Linking up with Handmade Thursday over on White Lily Green, jump down the rabbit hole and take a peek at the other crafters.


Inspire Me Beautiful

13 comments:

  1. Hello, Christy...

    I love the way you framed the Alice in Wonderland pictures. The images really pop in the gray and silver frames. A very crafty idea to salvage such memorabilia.

    Have a creatively happy day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous illustrations! Good idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this, a great idea for books that have seen better days, and the older disney books had such great illustrations in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow they look fantastic and a grt upcycling idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I felt a little guilty chopping the book apart but some of the pages were torn and had been stuck back together with sellotape and others had crayon scribbles all over them so I feel a little vindicated that I've saved the better images from the bin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing! And Wow! you have a mount cutter!!! I want to come round and play!!

    @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea, would love to see them up on the walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they do look fab! Don't feel guilty, you've brought back to life something that had been misused. They are really lovely! I read a blog recently by someone with the same dilemma. They are a book they had bought from a charity shop with gorgeous botanical prints. Can't wait to see the results of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz you can er, mount with me any time?!

    Thanks again for the Alice love everyone! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look amazing! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE!!!!!! I am so sorry for the late comment, I have been so behind this week, with EVERYTHING!

    Absolutely gorgeous! I do have a soft spot for Alice in Wonderland, I have to say.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No worries, glad you like, have more Alice for this week's link up, I think I might be a little obsessed! x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...