Pages

Monday, 13 June 2011

Cupcapers - Mint Choc Chip Cupcakes

Miss L had mentioned on Facebook that she was making some Mint Choc Chip cupcakes and as usual my addictive personality wouldn't let it lie so I simply had to nip that craving in the bud from the off.


I made a basic chocolate sponge recipe and chopped up an Aero bar and mixed the resulting rubble into the batter before baking.


Once the cupcakes had cooled I made a mint flavoured/coloured buttercream icing, now I was a bit trepidatious about using mint flavouring as I had a disgusting Peppermint Cream making incident at junior school where far too much mint extract found its way into the mixture and the resulting sweets tasted like mouthwash and quite literally took your breath away so this time I spent ages adding a drop at a time until it was just right.


The cakes are amazing, they taste just like a Mint Choc Chip Cornetto but in cake form (ideal as a replacement in the winter, or indeed the current British summer).
I think next time I'll make the icing slightly greener as the delicate pistachio shade doesn't really come across too well in the pictures but I was wary of ending up with cakes that looked like they were topped with mushy peas or Shrek snot!





3 comments:

  1. Your posts do my diet will-power no good at all! Now I'm thinking 'crunchie' cupcakes could be good too, what do you think? Try them out for me, will you?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do sound nice my OH loves anything mint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my these look amazing!! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...