Pages

Saturday, 4 June 2011

Cupcapers - Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes

Last week I purchased a cupcake book (like I need another one) and some new jeans.  If I continue to use the former as much as I think I will then the latter won't fit me for very long!


The book I bought for the bargain price of £4 was Cupcakes Galore
by Gail Wagman, here she is looking rather festive (not sure if the outfit is compulsory whilst baking from the book or not but I'm still working on my version for next time)
Anyway the first recipe I decided to make from the book was the Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
Gail's beauties
They are light and airy chocolate cupcakes 
My cakes fresh out the oven
with the most devine chocolate topping imaginable.  The topping is made by setting aside half the cake mix before adding the flour and it becomes a mousse which you smear atop the cooled cupcakes and cover in grated chocolate and chocolate strands for decoration, although I substituted the grated chocolate for Charbonnel et Walker Chocolate Drink because that's basically what it is I'm lazy.
My attempt, not bad considering I didn't don the outfit!
The topping tastes like a kind of chocolate fudge and is, quite frankly, amazing.


I decided to make a cake version as we were getting together for a cycle ride with the D's at the weekend and I thought it would be an ideal treat to take along to their house for after, it's not much in the looks department but it was still as yummy as the cupcake version and will, I'm sure, become a firm favourite in the Right house.

1 comment:

  1. A MAZ ING is what it was! and that is high praise indeed from one who does't really like chocolate cake!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm may have another slice now!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...