Pages

Saturday, 18 June 2011

Cupcapers - Baby Cakes

Friends of ours, the G's, have just welcomed their third daughter into the world.  Knowing that Mrs G is more of a cake addict than even myself I decided to make some cupcakes to take along to our first meeting of Miss G Mark III.


I made some vanilla cupcakes in some pink paper cases, then covered the top of each cake in strawberry jam and laid a circle of flesh coloured ready-to-roll icing on top and decorated with ears, a nose, a kiss curl of hair and a pink dummy.  I used an edible ink pen for the eyes and here's the end result, baby cakes, almost as sweet as the new arrival herself.


5 comments:

  1. Too cute to eat though! reminds me of the old joke " I love babies but I couldn't eat a whole one"
    Well done you, they're lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are lovely and done so neatly. so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just lovely! And I decided yesterday (after we received a cake gift) that home baking is just so nice to receive - it takes time and thought and effort. Which can't always be said!
    Nelly xxx

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...