Pages

Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Y Frontin'

Buster's school took part in this year's World Book Day and for the first time the children were able to participate by wearing the costume of a favourite literary character.  


Buster's initial requests to attend as various Star Wars characters or Ben 10 were swiftly vetoed by myself as they're not strictly literary characters, I was thinking more of classic children's books so he went off and looked through his book shelves for some inspiration.  


He came back to me and said he'd like to go as Long John Silver from Treasure Island but I politely asked him how he thought I was going to make a 17th Century quartermaster's outfit not to mention the peg leg, parrot and crutch with only four days to go?!  I'm good, but I'm not that good!
In the end we came to a compromise and he went as Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants 
Thankfully it was a really simple costume to put together, I purchased some massive white Y fronts which I tacked onto some jogging bottoms, I scrawled Captain Underpants across a white t-shirt and fashioned a cape from some red material, here's the end result; tra-la-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...