Pages

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

The Right Tea Light

Last year I blogged about this beautiful lamp that I had spotted in Laura Ashley that I wanted for Missy's bedroom but the hefty £100 price tag had put me off
Mr Right had said that he could make me one so my sister kindly donated some cups and saucers that were surplus to requirements and we purchased a cheap lamp base for £2.50 from Ikea and Mr Right got to work making holes in the centre of each item like so
And slotted each item in a kind of teetering stack onto the lamp base
 I then purchased a suitably vintage style shade and added some beaded fringing to complete the shabby chic look
I think our creation looks as good if not better than the Laura Ashley original for about a fifth of the price.

12 comments:

  1. It looks so much better than the LA one - its fabulous!!! I so want to make one now :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely better. Mr Right is an absolute genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Christy your lamp looks amazing! Very clever idea to use vintage cups and saucers, and the fringe beading is fab. Maybe you and your OH could go into business!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Can Miss D have one too pretty please???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooooo clever. Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!!! What an amazing idea!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fabulous!! I am off to the charity shop this afternoon to look for plates to make a cake stand. Perhaps I can make a matching lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's brilliant!! It is so much nicer than the shop bought one with a real vintage feel and of course it's one of a kind! How tricky is it to make the holes and did you superglue it? You could do a master class on this, it's such a good make!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...That is beautiful! Much nicer than the LA one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, perfect for a girls room, so cute, my little lady would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the lovely comments! :)

    The holes were quite tricky particularly on the cups, Mr Right had to use a special drill bit and we did Superglue it all in place.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...