Pages

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Hat's A Football Cake?

Some friends of ours are huge Luton Town fans and as such hosted a party for like-minded Hatters to watch the Luton V Wimbledon Playoff Final this weekend.  


We were invited along so I thought I'd make a suitable celebration/commiseration cake in the shape of a straw boater (Luton's famous for them don'tcha know) to take along and here it is...
Sadly I had to sacrifice a Microplane to get the straw plait look but it was an old one that had been mistakenly lazily put in the dishwasher a couple of times so it was on its way out anyway but I think it gives quite a good effect, even though I almost severed my fingers on a few occasions trying to create the illusion and what's a few drops of blood between friends?!

1 comment:

  1. Cool cake. More importantly, did it taste scrummy?

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...